Wanted a printer that works on Ubuntu. Did some research and realized HP printers are the most well supported.
Acquired a cheap SGD99.00 HP F2410 printer off local store. Installing it isn't as easy as plug and play but it's close enough. Essentially CUPS doesn't have the right PPD so it's off to HP website to download the the driver. They even provide a neat installation run file that does dependency checks!
Printing well and scanning works with Xsane. At such a low price I can't be happier. I owe HP one!
- ► 2012 (42)
- ► 2011 (29)
- Finding and killing application processes in the c...
- HP F2410 printer on Ubuntu
- Play remote media files over ssh using mplayer
- Set Ubuntu to use Google DNS for internet
- Sync music/podcasts to mobile phone
- Stop restart popup after automatic updates in Wind...
- Full path of file in ruby
- cp with progress indicator by using rsync instead
- Comparing 2 files using diff
- Running ruby scripts as cron jobs in rvm environme...
- Cron log in Ubuntu
- Changing of syslog.conf location in Ubuntu Karmic
- Changing timezone in terminal
- Rvm notes
- Rails 3 notes
- Vim can't make backup file
- Vim unable to open swap file
- ▼ March (17)
- ► 2009 (143)