# In /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf prepend domain-name-servers 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199;
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Set Ubuntu to use Google DNS for internet
Sometimes my 2Wire router doesn't seem to route to the DNS properly. As such I can ping IP addresses but not domain names. To fix that just tell Ubuntu to use Google DNS (or any other free DNS service) directly.
- ► 2012 (42)
- ► 2011 (29)
- Finding and killing application processes in the c...
- HP F2410 printer on Ubuntu
- Play remote media files over ssh using mplayer
- Set Ubuntu to use Google DNS for internet
- Sync music/podcasts to mobile phone
- Stop restart popup after automatic updates in Wind...
- Full path of file in ruby
- cp with progress indicator by using rsync instead
- Comparing 2 files using diff
- Running ruby scripts as cron jobs in rvm environme...
- Cron log in Ubuntu
- Changing of syslog.conf location in Ubuntu Karmic
- Changing timezone in terminal
- Rvm notes
- Rails 3 notes
- Vim can't make backup file
- Vim unable to open swap file
- ▼ March (17)
- ► 2009 (143)