I went through the ordeal of installing Samsung Kies, their mobile/player manager and getting it to recognize my phone, only to find out that the custom firmware on my phone installed during a visit to Samsung Service Center couldn't offer an upgrade through Kies.
But thanks to the wonderful internet, there're other ways to flash the ROM to the latest and greatest. The links below provide a very clear step by step instructions.
Flashing to Froyo:
Upgrading Kernel for lagfix:
- ► 2012 (42)
- ► 2011 (29)
- CTM 3G modem settings in OSX
- Diffing tables in Cucumber
- Making my Textmate better
- Transition to HTML using HTML5 tags as CSS classes...
- Difference between l10n & i18n
- Debugging: Show the webpage after a cucumber step
- Suppress NOTICE messages from Postgresql when runn...
- Stop rvm from complaining about world writable /us...
- Git completion for git installed via Homebrew in O...
- get forward (alt-f) and backward (alt-b) word work...
- Installing Nokogiri on CentOS
- Installing postgresql on CentOS
- Installing rvm on CentOS
- Install postgresql using homebrew on OSX
- Installing rvm on OSX
- Installing Homebrew on OSX
- Difference between staff and wheel groups in OSX
- List groups in osx
- Using gnome-mplayer to play embedded mpeg videos i...
- Upgrading my Samsung Galaxy S to Froyo
- Finding source location for a rail method
- ▼ December (21)
- ► 2009 (143)