I have this problem on my netbook where Skype another Skype user can hear only loud static noises when trying to reconnect to him/her. Not sure what the real problem is (most probably to do with Pulseaudio?) but the solution is simple.
1. Go to Gnome volume applet
2. Click on "Volume Control"
3. Select "HDA Intel (Alsa mixer)" as Device
4. Go to "Recording" tab
5. Make sure none of the capture slider is set to zero
- ► 2012 (42)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (102)
- Update rubygems using gem
- String value not displayed in input text field in ...
- Format string for titles
- Specify form method when generating url route for ...
- Error using validation hooks with before_save call...
- Deleting a word backwards in Bash and Vim
- Swap CAPS LOCK with CONTROL key
- Reloading ALSA
- Uncompressing 7zip (.7z) files in Ubuntu
- Select commits from another branch using git cherr...
- Share simple internet web browsing via SSH X forwa...
- Fix static noise problem in Skype on Ubuntu
- Record & playback a Vim macro
- Stash changes away in Git to work on urgent matter...
- Insert Pivotal Tracker story id into Git commit me...
- Check git log for a particular branch
- View changes made by upstream in Git
- Restart Gnome session from command line
- Be careful with button_to in RESTful routes
- Rename current branch in Git
- Reload vimrc in Vim
- Insert contents from clipboard into Vim
- Yank all lines in Vim
- Git branching and merging workflow for agile team
- Resize Gnu Screen window
- Setup object first before testing validates_unique...
- ▼ October (26)