I've been using twidge BUT...
- Needs me to leave my twitter password lying around in plain text config file
- Doesn't store my friends updates locally (at least for a week?)
- No easy way to RT, reply or even DM for that matter
- Doesn't display with colors (hard to read statuses)
- Doesn't display Name + Screen Name
- Not written in Ruby!
Hence I've started my own command line twitter client project using Ruby
- Retrieve friend's statuses
- - Keeps track of last status id on a ~/.twitter file
- - Gets only statuses that are tweeted later than the last status id
# Get recent new tweets since last get
ruby twitpow.rb friends
- Retrieve a user profile
# Show profile for @jasonong
ruby twitpow.rb user jasonong
- Statuses are stored & searchable in a PStore file
# Get all stored tweets
ruby twitpow.rb history
# Get last 20 stored tweets
ruby twitpow.rb history 20
# Search for "jasonong" in stored tweets
ruby twitpow.rb history search jasonong
- Update a tweet!
ruby twitpow.rb update "I can haz send a tweeet!"
- Reply to friend's status
# Reply to friend's status with status_id = 31122333
ruby twitpow.rb reply 31122333
# Prompt to key in your reply
Reply to: 31122333 01:00pm Jason Ong jasonong: This is my status lah!
>> This is my reply!
# @screen_name is prepended to your reply
@jasonong This is my reply!
- Retweet a friend's status
# Retweet friend's status with status_id = 31122333
ruby twitpow.rb retweet 31122333
# Prompt to key in a message to prepend the retweet
31122333 01:00pm Jason Ong jasonong: This is my status lah!
>> Awesome my friend!
# Message and @screen_name are prepended to the retweet
Awesome my friend! RT@jasonong This is my reply!
- Httparty for REST api
- Highline for password prompt
- Term-Ansi for text color output
- Get DMs
- Get conversation threads
- Post DMs
- Even better reply
- Even better retweet